Online Retail in United Kingdom
- Pages: 58
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF10365
Online Retail in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The Online Retail market includes all sales within each category listed below, provided they take place over the internet, where the payment does not occur in-store on a later occasion. Data is included irrespective of whether the vendor is a pure-play internet company or the online offering of a bricks and mortar retailer.
– The UK online retail sector generated total revenues of $62.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% between 2014 and 2018.
– The apparel retail segment was the sector's most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $15.3bn, equivalent to 24.7% of the sector's overall value.
– As of October 2019, 19% of all UK retail purchases were made online, according to the Office for National Statistics.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the online retail market in the United Kingdom
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the online retail market in the United Kingdom
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key online retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom online retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom online retail market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom online retail market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom online retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom's online retail market?
Asda Stores Ltd
John Lewis Partnership Plc
J Sainsbury plc
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. Who are the main challengers to the incumbents?
7.4. What is the rationale for the recent M&A activity?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Amazon.com, Inc.
8.2. Tesco PLC
8.3. Asda Stores Ltd
8.4. John Lewis Partnership Plc
8.5. Ocado Ltd
8.6. J Sainsbury plc
8.7. ASOS Plc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom online retail sector value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: United Kingdom online retail sector category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: United Kingdom online retail sector geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: United Kingdom online retail sector distribution: % share, by value, 2018
Table 5: United Kingdom online retail sector value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 9: Tesco PLC: key facts
Table 10: Tesco PLC: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Tesco PLC: Key Employees
Table 12: Asda Stores Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Asda Stores Ltd: Key Employees
Table 14: John Lewis Partnership Plc: key facts
Table 15: John Lewis Partnership Plc: Key Employees
Table 16: John Lewis Partnership Plc: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Ocado Ltd: key facts
Table 18: Ocado Ltd: Key Employees
Table 19: J Sainsbury plc: key facts
Table 20: J Sainsbury plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 21: J Sainsbury plc: Key Employees
Table 22: J Sainsbury plc: Key Employees Continued
Table 23: ASOS Plc: key facts
Table 24: ASOS Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 25: ASOS Plc: Key Employees
Table 26: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 27: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 28: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 29: United Kingdom inflation, 2014-18
Table 30: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 31: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom online retail sector value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: United Kingdom online retail sector category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: United Kingdom online retail sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: United Kingdom online retail sector distribution: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 5: United Kingdom online retail sector value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the online retail sector in the United Kingdom, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the online retail sector in the United Kingdom, 2018
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the online retail sector in the United Kingdom, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the online retail sector in the United Kingdom, 2018
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the online retail sector in the United Kingdom, 2018
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the online retail sector in the United Kingdom, 2018