Gas Utilities in Europe
- Pages: 49
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9468
Gas Utilities in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and autogeneration), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding autogeneration and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). Values are calculated from segment volumes and the average annual price of gas charged to end-users in each segment net of any applicable taxes.
– The European gas utilities industry had total revenues of $2,399,507.8m in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.5% between 2015 and 2019.
– Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 32,364.5 billion cubic feet in 2019.
– The performance of the industry is heavily influenced by changes in gas prices. For example, prices in the majority of European countries have declined since 2014, which is reflected in the performance of the industry in those years.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the gas utilities market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the gas utilities market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key gas utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe gas utilities market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe gas utilities market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Europe gas utilities market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe gas utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's gas utilities market?
Electricite de France SA
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of the leading players?
7.4. What threats do the leading players face?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. OAO Gazprom
8.3. Electricite de France SA
8.4. Eni S.p.A
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe gas utilities industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Europe gas utilities industry volume: billion Cubic Feet, 2014-18
Table 3: Europe gas utilities industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Europe gas utilities industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 5: Europe gas utilities industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 6: Europe gas utilities industry volume forecast: billion Cubic Feet, 2018-23
Table 7: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 8: OAO Gazprom: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: OAO Gazprom: Key Employees
Table 10: OAO Gazprom: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Novatek: key facts
Table 12: Novatek: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Novatek: Key Employees
Table 14: Electricite de France SA: key facts
Table 15: Electricite de France SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: Electricite de France SA: Key Employees
Table 17: Electricite de France SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 18: Eni S.p.A: key facts
Table 19: Eni S.p.A: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 20: Eni S.p.A: Key Employees
Table 21: Europe size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 22: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 23: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 24: Europe inflation, 2014-18
Table 25: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 26: Europe exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe gas utilities industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Europe gas utilities industry volume: billion Cubic Feet, 2014-18
Figure 3: Europe gas utilities industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Europe gas utilities industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 5: Europe gas utilities industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 6: Europe gas utilities industry volume forecast: billion Cubic Feet, 2018-23
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2018