Biotechnology in Europe
- Pages: 44
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: OHMF9200
Biotechnology in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The biotechnology industry consists of the development, manufacturing, and industrying of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
– The European biotechnology industry had total revenues of $75.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2014 and 2018.
– The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $47.4bn, equivalent to 63.2% of the industry's overall value.
– The medical/healthcare segment makes up the majority of the European industry. This is because in developed nations in Europe, an aging population has driven demand in the medical/healthcare segment, as an increasing number of people are suffering from long-term chronic diseases and healthcare costs have increased.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe biotechnology market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Europe biotechnology market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's biotechnology market?
Merck & Co., Inc.
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players in the market?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.4. Have there been any new product launches in recent years?
7.5. What has been the rationale behind recent strategic partnerships?
7.6. Are there any threats to leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Merck & Co., Inc.
8.2. Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
8.3. AstraZeneca PLC
8.4. F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.1. Industry associations
10.2. Related MarketLine research
10.3. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Table 2: Europe biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 3: Europe biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 4: Europe biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Table 5: Merck & Co., Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Merck & Co., Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Merck & Co., Inc.: Key Employees
Table 8: Merck & Co., Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key facts
Table 10: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: Key Employees
Table 11: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 12: AstraZeneca PLC: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: AstraZeneca PLC: Key Employees
Table 14: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key facts
Table 15: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: Key Employees
Table 17: Europe size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 18: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 19: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 20: Europe inflation, 2014-18
Table 21: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 22: Europe exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Figure 2: Europe biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Europe biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Europe biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2018