- Pages: 53
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: OHMF9182
Global Biotechnology industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The biotechnology industry consists of the development, manufacturing, and industrying of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
– The global biotechnology industry had total revenues of $420.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% between 2014 and 2018.
– The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $241.6bn, equivalent to 58.4% of the industry's overall value.
– The US industry is by far the largest industry globally, accounting for 48.2% of its total value in 2018; as a result its performance weighs heavily on the global industry. Other prominent industries include Japan, China, and Germany, which are all experiencing varying rates of growth.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in the global
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalbiotechnology market
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global biotechnology market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Global biotechnology market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's biotechnology market?
Merck & Co., Inc.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players in the market?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. Have there been any product approvals in recent years?
7.4. What has been the rationale behind recent M&A activity?
7.5. How has the political environment affected players?
7.6. Are there any threats to leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Merck & Co., Inc.
8.2. Amgen, Inc.
8.3. Novartis AG
8.4. Sanofi SA
8.5. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Global biotechnology industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Global biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Global biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Global biotechnology industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 5: Merck & Co., Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Merck & Co., Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Merck & Co., Inc.: Key Employees
Table 8: Merck & Co., Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: Amgen, Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Amgen, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Amgen, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 12: Amgen, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 14: Novartis AG: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Novartis AG: Key Employees
Table 16: Novartis AG: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 18: Sanofi SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: Sanofi SA: Key Employees
Table 20: Sanofi SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited: key facts
Table 22: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 23: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)
Table 24: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited: Key Employees
Table 25: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited: Key Employees Continued
Table 26: Global exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global biotechnology industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Global biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Global biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Global biotechnology industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the global biotechnology industry, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the global biotechnology industry, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the global biotechnology industry, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global biotechnology industry, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global biotechnology industry, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global biotechnology industry, 2018