Hotels & Motels in Norway
- Pages: 41
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9135
Hotels & Motels in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The hotels & motels industry consists of establishments that provide paid lodging and full guest services, typically with a continuous staff presence. In the case of motels, this includes off-street parking facilities, but not necessarily meal services. The industry is detailed in both value and volume terms.
– The Norwegian hotels & motels industry had total revenues of $3.4bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.3% between 2014 and 2018.
– The number of establishments declined with a CARC of -2.6% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 1,031.0 in 2018.
– In the Norwegian hotels and motels industry, both demand and occupancy rates increased at the expense of the declining average price of accommodation. Excessive supply growth until 2013 was the main reason for this trend.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the hotels & motels market in Norway
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the hotels & motels market in Norway
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key hotels & motels market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Norway hotels & motels market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Norway hotels & motels market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Norway hotels & motels market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Norway hotels & motels market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Norway's hotels & motels market?
Scandic Hotels AB
Nordic Choice Hotels AS
Radisson Hotel Group
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. How are leading players implementing sustainability initiatives?
7.4. Are there any threats to the leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Scandic Hotels AB
8.2. Nordic Choice Hotels AS
8.3. Thon Hotels
8.4. Radisson Hotel Group
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway hotels & motels industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Norway hotels & motels industry volume: thousand establishments, 2014-18
Table 3: Norway hotels & motels industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Norway hotels & motels industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 5: Norway hotels & motels industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 6: Norway hotels & motels industry volume forecast: thousand establishments, 2018-23
Table 7: Scandic Hotels AB: key facts
Table 8: Scandic Hotels AB: Key Employees
Table 9: Nordic Choice Hotels AS: key facts
Table 10: Nordic Choice Hotels AS: Key Employees
Table 11: Thon Hotels: key facts
Table 12: Thon Hotels: Key Employees
Table 13: Radisson Hotel Group: key facts
Table 14: Radisson Hotel Group: Key Employees
Table 15: Norway size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 16: Norway gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 17: Norway gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 18: Norway inflation, 2014-18
Table 19: Norway consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 20: Norway exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Norway hotels & motels industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Norway hotels & motels industry volume: thousand establishments, 2014-18
Figure 3: Norway hotels & motels industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Norway hotels & motels industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 5: Norway hotels & motels industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 6: Norway hotels & motels industry volume forecast: thousand establishments, 2018-23
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the hotels & motels industry in Norway, 2018
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the hotels & motels industry in Norway, 2018
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the hotels & motels industry in Norway, 2018
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the hotels & motels industry in Norway, 2018
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the hotels & motels industry in Norway, 2018
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the hotels & motels industry in Norway, 2018