Insurance in Italy
- Pages: 48
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9126
Insurance in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The insurance market consists of the non-life and life insurance sectors. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
– The Italian insurance market had total gross written premiums of $170.1bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5% between 2014 and 2018.
– The life insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2018, with total gross written premiums of $125.2bn, equivalent to 73.6% of the market's overall value.
– The Italian market has been sluggish due to political instability.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Italy
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Italy
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy insurance market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Italy insurance market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Italy's insurance market?
Assicurazioni Generali SpA
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
Poste Italiane Group
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market share
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.4. Has there been any M&A activity in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Assicurazioni Generali SpA
8.2. Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
8.3. Poste Italiane Group
8.4. Allianz SE
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Italy insurance market category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Italy insurance market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Italy insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 5: Italy insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018
Table 6: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: key facts
Table 7: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: Key Employees
Table 9: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: Intesa Sanpaolo SpA: key facts
Table 11: Intesa Sanpaolo SpA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Intesa Sanpaolo SpA: Key Employees
Table 13: Intesa Sanpaolo SpA: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Poste Italiane Group: key facts
Table 15: Poste Italiane Group: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: Poste Italiane Group: Key Employees
Table 17: Allianz SE: key facts
Table 18: Allianz SE: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: Allianz SE: Key Employees
Table 20: Allianz SE: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: Italy size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 22: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 23: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 24: Italy inflation, 2014-18
Table 25: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 26: Italy exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Italy insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Italy insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Italy insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Italy, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Italy, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Italy, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Italy, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Italy, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Italy, 2018
Figure 11: Italy insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018