Airlines in Italy
- Pages: 49
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: OHMF9124
Airlines in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including scheduled flights but excluding air freight transport.
– The Italian airlines industry had total revenues of $4.7bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.2% between 2014 and 2018.
– Industry consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.4% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 28.8 million passengers in 2018.
– Many problems responsible for the decline in industry value over recent years stem from stagnation in terms of domestic air travel passenger numbers.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Italy
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Italy
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy airlines market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Italy airlines market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's airlines market?
Ryanair Holdings plc
Alitalia – Societa Aerea Italiana S.p.A.
International Consolidated Airlines Group SA
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. Which players have been most successful in the past three years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. easyJet Plc
8.2. Ryanair Holdings plc
8.3. Alitalia - Societa Aerea Italiana S.p.A.
8.4. International Consolidated Airlines Group SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy airlines industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Table 2: Italy airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2014-18
Table 3: Italy airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2018
Table 4: Italy airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 5: Italy airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Table 6: Italy airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2018-23
Table 7: easyJet Plc: key facts
Table 8: easyJet Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: easyJet Plc: Key Employees
Table 10: easyJet Plc: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Ryanair Holdings plc: key facts
Table 12: Ryanair Holdings plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Ryanair Holdings plc: Key Employees
Table 14: Alitalia – Societa Aerea Italiana S.p.A.: key facts
Table 15: Alitalia – Societa Aerea Italiana S.p.A.: Key Employees
Table 16: International Consolidated Airlines Group SA: key facts
Table 17: International Consolidated Airlines Group SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 18: International Consolidated Airlines Group SA: Key Employees
Table 19: Italy size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 20: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 21: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 22: Italy inflation, 2014-18
Table 23: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 24: Italy exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy airlines industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Figure 2: Italy airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2014-18
Figure 3: Italy airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2018
Figure 4: Italy airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 5: Italy airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Figure 6: Italy airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2018-23
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Italy, 2018