Biotechnology in Italy
- Pages: 35
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: OHMF9123
Biotechnology in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The biotechnology industry consists of the development, manufacturing, and industrying of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
– The Italian biotechnology industry had total revenues of $10.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between 2014 and 2018.
– The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $4.2bn, equivalent to 41.7% of the industry's overall value.
– Like other developed European nations, the medical/healthcare segment dominates in Italy, due to an ageing population and an increase in age-associated disease, such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Italy
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Italy
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy biotechnology market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Italy biotechnology market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's biotechnology market?
The Menarini Group
Zambon Co SpA
Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players in the market?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.4. What are the weaknesses of leading players?
7.5. Are there any opportunities for leading players?
7.6. Are there any threats to leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. The Menarini Group
8.2. Zambon Co SpA
8.3. Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Table 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Table 5: The Menarini Group: key facts
Table 6: The Menarini Group: Key Employees
Table 7: Zambon Co SpA: key facts
Table 8: Zambon Co SpA: Key Employees
Table 9: Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc: key facts
Table 10: Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc: Key Employees
Table 12: Italy size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 13: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 14: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 15: Italy inflation, 2014-18
Table 16: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 17: Italy exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Figure 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2018