Insurance in Greece
- Pages: 40
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9117
Insurance in Greece industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The insurance market consists of the non-life and life insurance sectors. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
– The Greek insurance market had total gross written premiums of $4.8bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2014 and 2018.
– The non-life insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2018, with total gross written premiums of $2.6bn, equivalent to 53.9% of the market's overall value.
– The fall of premiums and weaker demand, especially in the non-life segment, has driven the value of the market to lower levels in recent years, in line with higher price sensitivity and dispensability of these services for consumers over reducing disposable income.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Greece
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Greece
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Greece insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Greece insurance market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Greece insurance market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Greece insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Greece's insurance market?
National Bank of Greece SA
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market share
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.4. Has there been any M&A activity in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. National Bank of Greece SA
8.2. MetLife Inc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Greece insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Greece insurance market category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Greece insurance market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Greece insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 5: Greece insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018
Table 6: National Bank of Greece SA: key facts
Table 7: National Bank of Greece SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: National Bank of Greece SA: Key Employees
Table 9: National Bank of Greece SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: MetLife Inc: key facts
Table 11: MetLife Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: MetLife Inc: Key Employees
Table 13: MetLife Inc: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Greece size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 15: Greece gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 16: Greece gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 17: Greece inflation, 2014-18
Table 18: Greece consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 19: Greece exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Greece insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Greece insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Greece insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Greece insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Greece, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Greece, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Greece, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Greece, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Greece, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Greece, 2018
Figure 11: Greece insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018