Biotechnology in Germany
- Pages: 41
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: OHMF9109
Biotechnology in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The biotechnology industry consists of the development, manufacturing, and industrying of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
– The German biotechnology industry had total revenues of $11.7bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% between 2014 and 2018.
– The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $5.8bn, equivalent to 49.7% of the industry's overall value.
– Medical/healthcare makes up almost half of Germany’s biotechnology industry. This is driven by Germany’s ageing population and an increase in age-associated disease, such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Germany
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Germany
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany biotechnology market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Germany biotechnology market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's biotechnology market?
Merck & Co., Inc.
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players in the market?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.4. Have there been any new product launches in recent years?
7.5. What has been the rationale behind recent strategic partnerships?
7.6. What are the weaknesses of leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Merck & Co., Inc.
8.2. Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
8.3. Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH
8.4. MorphoSys AG
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Table 2: Germany biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 3: Germany biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 4: Germany biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Table 5: Merck & Co., Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Merck & Co., Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Merck & Co., Inc.: Key Employees
Table 8: Merck & Co., Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key facts
Table 10: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: Key Employees
Table 11: Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH: key facts
Table 12: Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH: Key Employees
Table 13: MorphoSys AG: key facts
Table 14: MorphoSys AG: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: MorphoSys AG: Key Employees
Table 16: MorphoSys AG: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Germany size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 18: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 19: Germany gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 20: Germany inflation, 2014-18
Table 21: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 22: Germany exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Figure 2: Germany biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Germany biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Germany biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Germany, 2018