Insurance in Belgium
- Pages: 44
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9091
Insurance in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The insurance market consists of the non-life and life insurance sectors. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
– The Belgian insurance market had total gross written premiums of $37.2bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% between 2014 and 2018.
– The life insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2018, with total gross written premiums of $18.7bn, equivalent to 50.2% of the market's overall value.
– The contraction of the market in 2015 was driven by the decline of demand in the life insurance segment due to the negative shock of lower interest rates in the Euro Area that reduced returns on these products.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Belgium
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Belgium
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Belgium insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Belgium insurance market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Belgium insurance market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Belgium insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Belgium's insurance market?
AG Insurance SA/NV
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market share
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.4. Has there been any M&A activity in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Allianz SE
8.2. AXA SA
8.3. AG Insurance SA/NV
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Belgium insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Belgium insurance market category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Belgium insurance market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Belgium insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 5: Belgium insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018
Table 6: Allianz SE: key facts
Table 7: Allianz SE: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Allianz SE: Key Employees
Table 9: Allianz SE: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: AXA SA: key facts
Table 11: AXA SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: AXA SA: Key Employees
Table 13: AXA SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: AXA SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 15: AXA SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 16: AG Insurance SA/NV: key facts
Table 17: AG Insurance SA/NV: Key Employees
Table 18: Belgium size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 19: Belgium gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 20: Belgium gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 21: Belgium inflation, 2014-18
Table 22: Belgium consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 23: Belgium exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Belgium insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Belgium insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Belgium insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Belgium insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Belgium, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Belgium, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Belgium, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Belgium, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Belgium, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Belgium, 2018
Figure 11: Belgium insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018