Civil Engineering in Australia
- Pages: 40
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9068
Civil Engineering in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The civil engineering industry includes construction work classified as civil engineering (i.e. non-buildings), excluding companies working in the home-building subsector. The market value is calculated as the value of the construction of non-buildings. Where possible values are not adjusted seasonally. All currency conversions have been calculated using constant average 2018 annual rate.
– The Australian civil engineering sector generated total revenues of $50.3bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -12.5% between 2014 and 2018.
– The Australian sector has struggled in recent years after the economy was hit following the collapse of the mining boom, which saw the loss of 46,000 full-time jobs between 2013 and 2015, and many construction and infrastructure projects had to be postponed as a result.
– Numerous national, multi-state and state specific projects were launched at the end of 2016 and into 2017 so the forecast period looks more positive. Such projects include Sydney's light railway project and upgrades to the Pacific Highway
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the civil engineering market in Australia
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the civil engineering market in Australia
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key civil engineering market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia civil engineering market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia civil engineering market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Australia civil engineering market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia civil engineering market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Australia’s civil engineering market in relation to its regional counterparts?
ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd
Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Geography segmentation
1.4. Market rivalry
1.5. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. How well have leading players performed in the recent past?
7.3. What strategies have leading players been using?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd
8.2. Bechtel Corp
8.3. Watpac Ltd
8.4. Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia civil engineering sector value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Australia civil engineering sector geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Australia civil engineering sector value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 4: ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd: key facts
Table 5: ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd: Key Employees
Table 6: ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd: Key Employees Continued
Table 7: Bechtel Corp: key facts
Table 8: Bechtel Corp: Key Employees
Table 9: Bechtel Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: Watpac Ltd: key facts
Table 11: Watpac Ltd: Key Employees
Table 12: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: key facts
Table 13: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: Key Employees
Table 15: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 16: Australia size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 17: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 18: Australia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 19: Australia inflation, 2014-18
Table 20: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 21: Australia exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia civil engineering sector value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Australia civil engineering sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Australia civil engineering sector value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 4: Forces driving competition in the civil engineering sector in Australia, 2018
Figure 5: Drivers of buyer power in the civil engineering sector in Australia, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of supplier power in the civil engineering sector in Australia, 2018
Figure 7: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the civil engineering sector in Australia, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the civil engineering sector in Australia, 2018
Figure 9: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the civil engineering sector in Australia, 2018