Insurance in Australia
- Pages: 44
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF9066
Insurance in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The insurance market consists of the non-life and life insurance sectors. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
– The Australian insurance market had total gross written premiums of $79.1bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.5% between 2014 and 2018.
– The non-life insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2018, with total gross written premiums of $49.0bn, equivalent to 61.9% of the market's overall value.
– A hike in premiums of motor insurance in 2016 led the market’s growth to accelerate that year.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Australia
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Australia
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia insurance market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Australia insurance market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Australia's insurance market?
Suncorp Group Ltd
Insurance Australia Group Ltd
QBE Insurance Group Limited
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market share
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.4. Has there been any M&A activity in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Suncorp Group Ltd
8.2. Insurance Australia Group Ltd
8.3. QBE Insurance Group Limited
8.4. Allianz SE
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Australia insurance market category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Australia insurance market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 4: Australia insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 5: Australia insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018
Table 6: Suncorp Group Ltd: key facts
Table 7: Suncorp Group Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Suncorp Group Ltd: Key Employees
Table 9: Insurance Australia Group Ltd: key facts
Table 10: Insurance Australia Group Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Insurance Australia Group Ltd: Key Employees
Table 12: QBE Insurance Group Limited: key facts
Table 13: QBE Insurance Group Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: QBE Insurance Group Limited: Key Employees
Table 15: Allianz SE: key facts
Table 16: Allianz SE: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Allianz SE: Key Employees
Table 18: Allianz SE: Key Employees Continued
Table 19: Australia size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 20: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 21: Australia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 22: Australia inflation, 2014-18
Table 23: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 24: Australia exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia insurance market value: $ billion, 2014-18
Figure 2: Australia insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Australia insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Australia insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Australia, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Australia, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Australia, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Australia, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Australia, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Australia, 2018
Figure 11: Australia insurance market share: % share, by value, 2018