Biotechnology in Brazil
- Pages: 40
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: OHMF8982
Biotechnology in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The biotechnology industry consists of the development, manufacturing, and industrying of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
– The Brazilian biotechnology industry had total revenues of $18.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% between 2014 and 2018.
– The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $9.7bn, equivalent to 54% of the industry's overall value.
– The Brazilian industry has benefited from a range of different drivers, including subsidized credit for GMO farmers and sponsorship by the Structural Genomics Consortium for a biotech cluster around the University of Campinas in São Paulo.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Brazil
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Brazil
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil biotechnology market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Brazil biotechnology market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Brazil's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players in the market?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.4. Have there been any strategic partnerships in recent years?
7.5. Are there any threats to leading players?
7.6. Are there any opportunities for leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Braskem SA
8.2. EMS SA
8.3. Suzano SA
8.4. Sanofi SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Table 2: Brazil biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 3: Brazil biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 4: Brazil biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Table 5: Braskem SA: key facts
Table 6: Braskem SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Braskem SA: Key Employees
Table 8: EMS SA: key facts
Table 9: EMS SA: Key Employees
Table 10: Suzano SA: key facts
Table 11: Suzano SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Suzano SA: Key Employees
Table 13: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 14: Sanofi SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Sanofi SA: Key Employees
Table 16: Sanofi SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Brazil size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 18: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 19: Brazil gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 20: Brazil inflation, 2014-18
Table 21: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 22: Brazil exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2014-18
Figure 2: Brazil biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Brazil biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Brazil biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2018-23
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2018
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2018
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2018
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Brazil, 2018