Civil Engineering in Canada
- Pages: 45
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8960
Civil Engineering in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The civil engineering industry includes construction work classified as civil engineering (i.e. non-buildings), excluding companies working in the home-building subsector. The market value is calculated as the value of the construction of non-buildings. Where possible values are not adjusted seasonally. All currency conversions have been calculated using constant average 2018 annual rate.
– The Canadian civil engineering sector generated total revenues of $160.8bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% between 2014 and 2018.
– The Canadian sector made up 31.0% of the North American sector’s value in 2018 – a relatively large proportion.
– The Investing in Canada Plan, which was unveiled in the 2016 budget, is the Government of Canada’s plan for innovative projects across the country, based on three key objectives; long term economic growth, a low carbon, green economy, and the building of inclusive communities.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the civil engineering market in Canada
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the civil engineering market in Canada
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key civil engineering market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada civil engineering market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada civil engineering market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Canada civil engineering market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada civil engineering market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Canada’s civil engineering market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Geography segmentation
1.4. Market rivalry
1.5. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. How well have leading players performed in the recent past?
7.3. What strategies have leading players been using?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Bechtel Corp
8.2. Fluor Corporation
8.3. Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA
8.4. Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada civil engineering sector value: $ billion, 2014-18
Table 2: Canada civil engineering sector geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
Table 3: Canada civil engineering sector value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
Table 4: Bechtel Corp: key facts
Table 5: Bechtel Corp: Key Employees
Table 6: Bechtel Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 7: Fluor Corporation: key facts
Table 8: Fluor Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Fluor Corporation: Key Employees
Table 10: Fluor Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: key facts
Table 12: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: Key Employees
Table 14: Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 15: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.: key facts
Table 16: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.: Key Employees
Table 18: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 19: Canada size of population (million), 2014-18
Table 20: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 21: Canada gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014-18
Table 22: Canada inflation, 2014-18
Table 23: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2014-18
Table 24: Canada exchange rate, 2014-18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada civil engineering sector value: $ billion, 2014–18
Figure 2: Canada civil engineering sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 3: Canada civil engineering sector value forecast: $ billion, 2018–23
Figure 4: Forces driving competition in the civil engineering sector in Canada, 2018
Figure 5: Drivers of buyer power in the civil engineering sector in Canada, 2018
Figure 6: Drivers of supplier power in the civil engineering sector in Canada, 2018
Figure 7: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the civil engineering sector in Canada, 2018
Figure 8: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the civil engineering sector in Canada, 2018
Figure 9: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the civil engineering sector in Canada, 2018