Banks in Europe
- Pages: 50
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8900
Banks in Europe industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The banks industry profile comprises activities of banks and similar institutions, offering savings, loans, mortgages, and related financial services to consumers and businesses.
– The European banks industry group had total assets of $54,839.3bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% between 2015 and 2019.
– The bank credit segment was the industry group's most lucrative in 2019, with total assets of $27,096.8bn, equivalent to 49.4% of the industry group's overall value.
– In the UK industry, households have increased their leverage to subsidize consumption amid suppressed income, whereas in Germany households have refinanced their debt as the low interest rate environment is a hindrance for savings.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the banks market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the banks market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe banks market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe banks market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Europe banks market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe banks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's banks market?
Banco Santander SA
BNP Paribas SA
Lloyds Banking Group Plc
HSBC Holdings Plc
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What has been the recent M&A activity?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Banco Santander SA
8.2. BNP Paribas SA
8.3. Lloyds Banking Group Plc
8.4. HSBC Holdings Plc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: Europe banks industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: Europe banks industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: Europe banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 5: Banco Santander SA: key facts
Table 6: Banco Santander SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Banco Santander SA: Key Employees
Table 8: Banco Santander SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: BNP Paribas SA: key facts
Table 10: BNP Paribas SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: BNP Paribas SA: Key Employees
Table 12: BNP Paribas SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: Lloyds Banking Group Plc: key facts
Table 14: Lloyds Banking Group Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Lloyds Banking Group Plc: Key Employees
Table 16: Lloyds Banking Group Plc: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: HSBC Holdings Plc: key facts
Table 18: HSBC Holdings Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: HSBC Holdings Plc: Key Employees
Table 20: HSBC Holdings Plc: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: Europe size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 22: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 23: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 24: Europe inflation, 2015–19
Table 25: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 26: Europe exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: Europe banks industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Europe banks industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Europe banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the banks industry in Europe, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the banks industry in Europe, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the banks industry in Europe, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the banks industry in Europe, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the banks industry in Europe, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the banks industry in Europe, 2019