Mobile Phones in Europe
- Pages: 52
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8896
Mobile Phones in Europe industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value- chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
– The European mobile phones market had total revenues of $162.7bn in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of – 0.8% between 2015 and 2019.
– Postpaid had the highest volume in the European mobile phones market in 2019, with a total of 5,326.2 average MOU, equivalent to 71.9% of the market's overall volume.
– Stagnation in market consumption but a decrease in value for the historic period suggests that consumers have been purchasing cheaper phones.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe mobile phones market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Europe mobile phones market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's mobile phones market?
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
Huawei Technologies Co Ltd
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. How is technological innovation shaping the strategy of leading players?
7.3. What are the strengths of the leading players?
7.4. What threats do the leading players face?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Apple Inc
8.2. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
8.3. Huawei Technologies Co Ltd
8.4. Nokia Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: Europe mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2015–19
Table 3: Europe mobile phones market category segmentation: Average MOU, 2019
Table 4: Europe mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 5: Europe mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 6: Europe mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2019–24
Table 7: Apple Inc: key facts
Table 8: Apple Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Apple Inc: Key Employees
Table 10: Apple Inc: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.: key facts
Table 12: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.: Key Employees
Table 14: Huawei Technologies Co Ltd: key facts
Table 15: Huawei Technologies Co Ltd: Key Employees
Table 16: Huawei Technologies Co Ltd: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Nokia Corporation: key facts
Table 18: Nokia Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: Nokia Corporation: Key Employees
Table 20: Nokia Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: Europe size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 22: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 23: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 24: Europe inflation, 2015–19
Table 25: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 26: Europe exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: Europe mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2015–19
Figure 3: Europe mobile phones market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2019
Figure 4: Europe mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 5: Europe mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 6: Europe mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2019–24
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2019
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2019
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2019
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2019
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2019
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2019