Fish & Seafood in Japan
- Pages: 32
- Published: February 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8649
Fish & Seafood in Japan industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2014- 18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The fish & seafood market consists of the retail sale of ambient fish & seafood, frozen fish & seafood, fresh fish & seafood (counter), chilled raw packaged fish & seafood – processed, chilled raw packaged fish & seafood – whole cuts and dried fish & seafood. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions have been made using constant annual average 2018 exchange rates.
– The Japanese fish & seafood market had total revenues of $8,722.0m in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.1% between 2014 and 2018.
– Market consumption volumes declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of – 0.9% between 2014- 2018, to reach a total of 1,181.9 million kilograms in 2018.
– Unstable economic conditions during the review period impacted the growth of fish & seafood market.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the fish & seafood market in Japan
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the fish & seafood market in Japan
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key fish & seafood market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan fish & seafood market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan fish & seafood market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Japan fish & seafood market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan fish & seafood market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Japan's fish & seafood market?
Hagoromo Foods Corp
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd
Maruha Nichiro Corp
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market share
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Competitive Landscape
6.1. Market share
6.2. Who are the leading players in the Japanese fish & seafood market?
6.3. Which companies have been most successful in increasing their market shares since 2014?
6.4. What are the most popular brands in the market?
7 Company Profiles
7.1. Hagoromo Foods Corp
7.2. Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd
7.3. Maruha Nichiro Corp
8 Macroeconomic Indicators
8.1. Country data
9.2. Industry associations
9.3. Related MarketLine research
9.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan fish & seafood market value: $ million, 2014–18
Table 2: Japan fish & seafood market volume: million kilograms, 2014–18
Table 3: Japan fish & seafood market category segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 4: Japan fish & seafood market geography segmentation: $ million, 2018
Table 5: Japan fish & seafood market distribution: % share, by value, 2018
Table 6: Japan fish & seafood market value forecast: $ million, 2018–23
Table 7: Japan fish & seafood market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2018–23
Table 8: Japan fish & seafood market share: % share, by value, 2018
Table 9: Hagoromo Foods Corp: key facts
Table 10: Hagoromo Foods Corp: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Hagoromo Foods Corp: Key Employees
Table 12: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: Key Employees
Table 15: Maruha Nichiro Corp: key facts
Table 16: Maruha Nichiro Corp: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Maruha Nichiro Corp: Key Employees
Table 18: Japan size of population (million), 2014–18
Table 19: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2014–18
Table 20: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2014–18
Table 21: Japan inflation, 2014–18
Table 22: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2014–18
Table 23: Japan exchange rate, 2014–18
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan fish & seafood market value: $ million, 2014–18
Figure 2: Japan fish & seafood market volume: million kilograms, 2014–18
Figure 3: Japan fish & seafood market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 4: Japan fish & seafood market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 5: Japan fish & seafood market distribution: % share, by value, 2018
Figure 6: Japan fish & seafood market value forecast: $ million, 2018–23
Figure 7: Japan fish & seafood market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2018–23
Figure 8: Japan fish & seafood market share: % share, by value, 2018