Online Music Streaming in Japan
- Pages: 45
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8648
Online Music Streaming in Japan industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The online music streaming market consists of revenues generated from music and music video streaming. Revenues are made up from subscription service charges and ad- supported streams. All currency conversions are carried out at constant annual average 2019 exchange rates.
– The Japanese Online Music Streaming Market had total revenues of $410.4m in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.5% between 2015 and 2019.
– The Subscription services segment was the Market's most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $367.8m, equivalent to 89.6% of the Market's overall value.
– The number of CD sales has dropped significantly over the past decade, the number of units produced fell 34% from 206.5 million in 2010 to 136.3 million in 2019.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the online music streaming market in Japan
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the online music streaming market in Japan
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key online music streaming market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan online music streaming market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan online music streaming market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Japan online music streaming market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan online music streaming market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's online music streaming market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What have been the most significant mergers/acquisitions over the past few years?
7.3. What strategies do the leading players follow?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Spotify AB
8.2. Apple Inc
8.3. Alphabet Inc
8.4. NAVER Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan online music streaming market value: $ million, 2015–19
Table 2: Japan online music streaming market category segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 3: Japan online music streaming market geography segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 4: Japan online music streaming market value forecast: $ million, 2019–24
Table 5: Spotify AB: key facts
Table 6: Spotify AB: Key Employees
Table 7: Apple Inc: key facts
Table 8: Apple Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Apple Inc: Key Employees
Table 10: Apple Inc: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Alphabet Inc: key facts
Table 12: Alphabet Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Alphabet Inc: Key Employees
Table 14: NAVER Corporation: key facts
Table 15: NAVER Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: NAVER Corporation: Key Employees
Table 17: Japan size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 18: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 19: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 20: Japan inflation, 2015–19
Table 21: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 22: Japan exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan online music streaming market value: $ million, 2015–19
Figure 2: Japan online music streaming market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Japan online music streaming market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Japan online music streaming market value forecast: $ million, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the online music streaming market in Japan, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the online music streaming market in Japan, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the online music streaming market in Japan, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the online music streaming market in Japan, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the online music streaming market in Japan, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the online music streaming market in Japan, 2019