Software in Japan
- Pages: 47
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8637
Software in Japan industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The software market is defined as revenues generated from both sales of, and subscriptions to, various software packages and offerings. The market includes both signed deals that remain under contract, and the annual revenues associated with new contracts signed, within a particular calendar year. This excludes sales opportunities for third- party services providers.
– The Japanese software market had total revenues of $43.2bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7% between 2015 and 2019.
– The business process applications segment was the market's most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $14.5bn, equivalent to 33.6% of the market's overall value.
– Japan has experienced strong growth rates in terms of its software market. The growth over the past five years has been driven primarily by increased mobile and cloud computing usage among businesses.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the software market in Japan
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the software market in Japan
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key software market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan software market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan software market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Japan software market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan software market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's software market?
NTT DATA Newson Corp
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.4. What has been the rationale behind recent M&A activity?
7.5. What challenges do leading players face?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. NTT DATA Newson Corp
8.2. Otsuka Corp
8.3. SCSK Corp.
8.4. Microsoft Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan software market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: Japan software market category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: Japan software market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: Japan software market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 5: NTT DATA Newson Corp: key facts
Table 6: NTT DATA Newson Corp: Key Employees
Table 7: Otsuka Corp: key facts
Table 8: Otsuka Corp: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Otsuka Corp: Key Employees
Table 10: Otsuka Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: SCSK Corp.: key facts
Table 12: SCSK Corp.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: SCSK Corp.: Key Employees
Table 14: Microsoft Corporation: key facts
Table 15: Microsoft Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees
Table 17: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 18: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 19: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 20: Japan size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 21: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 22: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 23: Japan inflation, 2015–19
Table 24: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 25: Japan exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan software market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: Japan software market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Japan software market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Japan software market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the software market in Japan, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the software market in Japan, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the software market in Japan, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the software market in Japan, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the software market in Japan, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the software market in Japan, 2019