Credit Cards in India
- Pages: 41
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8614
Credit Cards in India industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The credit cards profile covers the consumer credit market.
– The Indian credit cards sector had total value of $14.9bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.5% between 2015 and 2019.
– The gradual relaxation of monetary policy in India since 2014 has stimulated demand for credit, and increasing financial inclusion, manifested through the strong growth of credit card penetration in recent years, has driven growth in this sector.
– An increase in Indian household disposable income boosted credit card sector growth due to the high correlation between these two factors.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the credit cards market in India
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the credit cards market in India
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key credit cards market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India credit cards market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India credit cards market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the India credit cards market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India credit cards market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is India’s credit cards market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Axis Bank Limited
HDFC Bank Ltd
ICICI Bank Ltd
State Bank of India
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Geography segmentation
1.4. Market rivalry
1.5. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of the leading players?
7.4. What threats do the leading players face?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Axis Bank Limited
8.2. HDFC Bank Ltd
8.3. ICICI Bank Ltd
8.4. State Bank of India
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: India credit cards market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: India credit cards market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: India credit cards market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 4: Axis Bank Limited: key facts
Table 5: Axis Bank Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 6: Axis Bank Limited: Key Employees
Table 7: HDFC Bank Ltd: key facts
Table 8: HDFC Bank Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: HDFC Bank Ltd: Key Employees
Table 10: HDFC Bank Ltd: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: ICICI Bank Ltd: key facts
Table 12: ICICI Bank Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: ICICI Bank Ltd: Key Employees
Table 14: State Bank of India: key facts
Table 15: State Bank of India: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: State Bank of India: Key Employees
Table 17: State Bank of India: Key Employees Continued
Table 18: India size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 19: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 20: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 21: India inflation, 2015–19
Table 22: India consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 23: India exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: India credit cards market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: India credit cards market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: India credit cards market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 4: Forces driving competition in the credit cards market in India, 2019
Figure 5: Drivers of buyer power in the credit cards market in India, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of supplier power in the credit cards market in India, 2019
Figure 7: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the credit cards market in India, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the credit cards market in India, 2019
Figure 9: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the credit cards market in India, 2019