Banks in India
- Pages: 47
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8611
Banks in India industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The banks industry profile comprises activities of banks and similar institutions, offering savings, loans, mortgages, and related financial services to consumers and businesses.
– The Indian banks industry group had total assets of $2,126.9bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% between 2015 and 2019.
– The bank credit segment was the industry group's most lucrative in 2019, with total assets of $1,462.8bn, equivalent to 68.8% of the industry group's overall value.
– The gradual relaxation of the monetary policy in India since 2014 has stimulated bank credit. In detail, loans to firms boomed at double- digit rates during 2013–15, leading to accelerated economic growth during that period.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the banks market in India
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the banks market in India
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India banks market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India banks market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the India banks market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India banks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's banks market?
HDFC Bank Ltd
ICICI Bank Ltd
State Bank of India
Punjab National Bank
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What has been the recent M&A activity?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. HDFC Bank Ltd
8.2. ICICI Bank Ltd
8.3. State Bank of India
8.4. Punjab National Bank
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: India banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: India banks industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: India banks industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: India banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 5: HDFC Bank Ltd: key facts
Table 6: HDFC Bank Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: HDFC Bank Ltd: Key Employees
Table 8: HDFC Bank Ltd: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: ICICI Bank Ltd: key facts
Table 10: ICICI Bank Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: ICICI Bank Ltd: Key Employees
Table 12: State Bank of India: key facts
Table 13: State Bank of India: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: State Bank of India: Key Employees
Table 15: State Bank of India: Key Employees Continued
Table 16: Punjab National Bank: key facts
Table 17: Punjab National Bank: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 18: Punjab National Bank: Key Employees
Table 19: India size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 20: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 21: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 22: India inflation, 2015–19
Table 23: India consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 24: India exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: India banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: India banks industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: India banks industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: India banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the banks industry in India, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the banks industry in India, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the banks industry in India, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the banks industry in India, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the banks industry in India, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the banks industry in India, 2019