Banks in Canada
- Pages: 51
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8521
Banks in Canada industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The banks industry profile comprises activities of banks and similar institutions, offering savings, loans, mortgages, and related financial services to consumers and businesses.
– The Canadian banks industry group had total assets of $4,738.5bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% between 2015 and 2019.
– The other assets segment was the industry group's most lucrative in 2019, with total assets of $2,418.6bn, equivalent to 51% of the industry group's overall value.
– Prolonged low interest rates in Canada have fueled bank credit.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the banks market in Canada
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the banks market in Canada
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada banks market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada banks market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Canada banks market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada banks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's banks market?
Bank of Montreal
The Bank of Nova Scotia
Royal Bank of Canada
The Toronto-Dominion Bank
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What has been the recent M&A activity?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Bank of Montreal
8.2. The Bank of Nova Scotia
8.3. Royal Bank of Canada
8.4. The Toronto-Dominion Bank
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: Canada banks industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: Canada banks industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: Canada banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 5: Bank of Montreal: key facts
Table 6: Bank of Montreal: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Bank of Montreal: Key Employees
Table 8: Bank of Montreal: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: The Bank of Nova Scotia: key facts
Table 10: The Bank of Nova Scotia: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: The Bank of Nova Scotia: Key Employees
Table 12: The Bank of Nova Scotia: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: The Bank of Nova Scotia: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: The Bank of Nova Scotia: Key Employees Continued
Table 15: Royal Bank of Canada: key facts
Table 16: Royal Bank of Canada: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Royal Bank of Canada: Key Employees
Table 18: The Toronto-Dominion Bank: key facts
Table 19: The Toronto-Dominion Bank: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 20: The Toronto-Dominion Bank: Key Employees
Table 21: The Toronto-Dominion Bank: Key Employees Continued
Table 22: Canada size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 23: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 24: Canada gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 25: Canada inflation, 2015–19
Table 26: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 27: Canada exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: Canada banks industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Canada banks industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Canada banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the banks industry in Canada, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the banks industry in Canada, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the banks industry in Canada, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the banks industry in Canada, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the banks industry in Canada, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the banks industry in Canada, 2019