Software in Canada
- Pages: 52
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8498
Software in Canada industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The software market is defined as revenues generated from both sales of, and subscriptions to, various software packages and offerings. The market includes both signed deals that remain under contract, and the annual revenues associated with new contracts signed, within a particular calendar year. This excludes sales opportunities for third- party services providers.
– The Canadian software market had total revenues of $13.8bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% between 2015 and 2019.
– The business process applications segment was the market's most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $5.2bn, equivalent to 37.8% of the market's overall value.
– Canada has experienced strong growth rates in terms of its software market. The growth over the past five years has been driven primarily by increased mobile and cloud computing usage among businesses.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the software market in Canada
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the software market in Canada
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key software market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada software market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada software market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Canada software market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada software market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's software market?
International Business Machines Corporation
Open Text Corporation
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.4. Have there been notable products launched in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Microsoft Corporation
8.2. International Business Machines Corporation
8.3. Alphabet Inc
8.4. Open Text Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada software market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: Canada software market category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: Canada software market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: Canada software market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 5: Microsoft Corporation: key facts
Table 6: Microsoft Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees
Table 8: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: International Business Machines Corporation: key facts
Table 12: International Business Machines Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: International Business Machines Corporation: Key Employees
Table 14: International Business Machines Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 15: Alphabet Inc: key facts
Table 16: Alphabet Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Alphabet Inc: Key Employees
Table 18: Open Text Corporation: key facts
Table 19: Open Text Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 20: Open Text Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)
Table 21: Open Text Corporation: Key Employees
Table 22: Open Text Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 23: Canada size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 24: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 25: Canada gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 26: Canada inflation, 2015–19
Table 27: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 28: Canada exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada software market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: Canada software market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Canada software market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Canada software market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the software market in Canada, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the software market in Canada, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the software market in Canada, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the software market in Canada, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the software market in Canada, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the software market in Canada, 2019