Mobile Phones in Canada
- Pages: 47
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8490
Mobile Phones in Canada industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value- chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
– The Canadian mobile phones market had total revenues of $16.5bn in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of 0% between 2015 and 2019.
– Postpaid had the highest volume in the Canadian mobile phones market in 2019, with a total of 456 average MOU, equivalent to 73.6% of the market's overall volume
– A volume decline but a stall in market value suggests that consumers are purchasing more expensive mobile phones with the latest features.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Canada
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Canada
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada mobile phones market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Canada mobile phones market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's mobile phones market?
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. How is technological innovation shaping the strategy of leading players?
7.3. What are the strengths of the leading players?
7.4. What threats do the leading players face?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Apple Inc
8.2. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
8.3. Alphabet Inc
8.4. TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: Canada mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2015–19
Table 3: Canada mobile phones market category segmentation: Average MOU, 2019
Table 4: Canada mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 5: Canada mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 6: Canada mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2019–24
Table 7: Apple Inc: key facts
Table 8: Apple Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Apple Inc: Key Employees
Table 10: Apple Inc: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.: key facts
Table 12: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.: Key Employees
Table 14: Alphabet Inc: key facts
Table 15: Alphabet Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: Alphabet Inc: Key Employees
Table 17: TCL Electronics Holdings Limited: key facts
Table 18: TCL Electronics Holdings Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: TCL Electronics Holdings Limited: Key Employees
Table 20: Canada size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 21: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 22: Canada gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 23: Canada inflation, 2015–19
Table 24: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 25: Canada exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: Canada mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2015–19
Figure 3: Canada mobile phones market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2019
Figure 4: Canada mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 5: Canada mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 6: Canada mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2019–24
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in Canada, 2019
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in Canada, 2019
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in Canada, 2019
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in Canada, 2019
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in Canada, 2019
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in Canada, 2019