Banks in South Africa
- Pages: 39
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: OHMF8410
Banks in South Africa industry profile provides top- line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015- 19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The banks industry profile comprises activities of banks and similar institutions, offering savings, loans, mortgages, and related financial services to consumers and businesses.
– The South African banks industry group had total assets of $349.8bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5% between 2015 and 2019.
– The bank credit segment was the industry group's most lucrative in 2019, with total assets of $296.7bn, equivalent to 84.8% of the industry group's overall value.
– Tighter monetary policy from the second- half of 2015 to the first- half of 2017, with a series of interest rate raises to control rising inflation, slowed bank credit over that period.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the banks market in South Africa
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the banks market in South Africa
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa banks market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa banks market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the South Africa banks market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa banks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa's banks market?
Absa Group Ltd
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Absa Group Ltd
8.2. FirstRand Ltd
8.3. Nedbank Ltd
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: South Africa banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Table 2: South Africa banks industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: South Africa banks industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: South Africa banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Table 5: Absa Group Ltd: key facts
Table 6: Absa Group Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Absa Group Ltd: Key Employees
Table 8: FirstRand Ltd: key facts
Table 9: FirstRand Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 10: FirstRand Ltd: Key Employees
Table 11: Nedbank Ltd: key facts
Table 12: Nedbank Ltd: Key Employees
Table 13: South Africa size of population (million), 2015–19
Table 14: South Africa gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 15: South Africa gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015–19
Table 16: South Africa inflation, 2015–19
Table 17: South Africa consumer price index (absolute), 2015–19
Table 18: South Africa exchange rate, 2015–19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Africa banks industry value: $ billion, 2015–19
Figure 2: South Africa banks industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: South Africa banks industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: South Africa banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2019–24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the banks industry in South Africa, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the banks industry in South Africa, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the banks industry in South Africa, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the banks industry in South Africa, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the banks industry in South Africa, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the banks industry in South Africa, 2019