Sports Equipment in India
- Pages: 35
- Published: January 2018
- Report Code: OHMF2041
Sports Equipment in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India sports equipment market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
– The sports equipment market includes retail sales of ball sports equipment, adventure sports equipment, fishing equipment, golf equipment, racket sports equipment, winter sports equipment, sportswear, sports shoes and all other sports-dedicated equipment sold at retail.
– The Indian sports equipment market is expected to generate total revenues of $2,621.3m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.4% between 2013 and 2017.
– A major problem in the Indian market at the moment is the ease with which counterfeit products are making their way into the hands of consumers. Many online retailers have been under heavy scrutiny for not taking strong enough measures to prevent the sale of counterfeit products.
– A growing population and expanding middle class is resulting in an increasing number of Indians engaging in physical activities involving sports equipment. Cricket is an especially popular sport in India which requires players to purchase a range of equipment, from bats and balls to wickets and pads.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the sports equipment market in India
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the sports equipment market in India
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key sports equipment market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India sports equipment market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India sports equipment market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India sports equipment market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India sports equipment market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is India’s sports equipment market in relation to its regional counterparts?
V2 Retail Limited
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Adidas AG 21
Decathlon S.A. 24
NIKE, Inc. 25
V2 Retail Limited 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: India sports equipment market value: $ million, 2013-17(e)
Table 2: India sports equipment market geography segmentation: $ million, 2017(e)
Table 3: India sports equipment market distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Table 4: India sports equipment market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Table 5: Adidas AG: key facts
Table 6: Adidas AG: key financials ($)
Table 7: Adidas AG: key financials (â‚¬)
Table 8: Adidas AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: Decathlon S.A.: key facts
Table 10: NIKE, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: NIKE, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 12: NIKE, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: V2 Retail Limited: key facts
Table 14: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 16: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 17: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: India exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: India sports equipment market value: $ million, 2013-17(e)
Figure 2: India sports equipment market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 3: India sports equipment market distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 4: India sports equipment market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the sports equipment market in India, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the sports equipment market in India, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the sports equipment market in India, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the sports equipment market in India, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the sports equipment market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the sports equipment market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Adidas AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Adidas AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: NIKE, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: NIKE, Inc.: assets & liabilities