Gas Utilities in Europe – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 54
- Published: July 2021
- Report Code: OHMF14267
Gas Utilities in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and autogeneration), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding autogeneration and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). Values are calculated from segment volumes and the average annual price of gas charged to end-users in each segment net of any applicable taxes.
– The European gas utilities industry had total revenues of $2,170.3bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.2% between 2016 and 2020.
– Industry consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.1% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 31,406.8 billion cubic feet in 2020.
– The residential segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $854.9bn, equivalent to 39.4% of the industry's overall value.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the gas utilities market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the gas utilities market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key gas utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe gas utilities market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe gas utilities market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Europe gas utilities market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe gas utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe's gas utilities market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market share
1.8. Market rivalry
1.9. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. What strategies have leading players followed in recent years?
7.4. What strengths and weaknesses do leading players have?
7.5. What threats do the leading players face?
7.6. How has COVID-19 affected leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. OAO Gazprom
8.3. E.ON SE
8.4. Engie SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe gas utilities industry value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: Europe gas utilities industry volume: billion Cubic Feet, 2016-20
Table 3: Europe gas utilities industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: Europe gas utilities industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 5: Europe gas utilities industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 6: Europe gas utilities industry volume forecast: billion Cubic Feet, 2020-25
Table 7: Europe gas utilities industry share: % share, by value, 2020
Table 8: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 9: OAO Gazprom: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 10: OAO Gazprom: Key Employees
Table 11: OAO Gazprom: Key Employees Continued
Table 12: Novatek: key facts
Table 13: Novatek: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Novatek: Key Employees
Table 15: E.ON SE: key facts
Table 16: E.ON SE: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: E.ON SE: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)
Table 18: E.ON SE: Key Employees
Table 19: Engie SA: key facts
Table 20: Engie SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 21: Engie SA: Key Employees
Table 22: Engie SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 23: Europe size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 24: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 25: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 26: Europe inflation, 2016-20
Table 27: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 28: Europe exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe gas utilities industry value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: Europe gas utilities industry volume: billion Cubic Feet, 2016-20
Figure 3: Europe gas utilities industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Europe gas utilities industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 5: Europe gas utilities industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 6: Europe gas utilities industry volume forecast: billion Cubic Feet, 2020-25
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2020
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2020
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2020
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2020
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2020
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the gas utilities industry in Europe, 2020
Figure 13: Europe gas utilities industry share: % share, by value, 2020