Oil and Gas in Russia – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 57
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: OHMF13455
Oil & Gas in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country. The value of the oil segment reflects the total volume of refined petroleum products, including refinery consumption and losses, multiplied by the hub price of crude oil. The value of the gas segment is calculated as the total volume of natural gas consumed multiplied by the price of natural gas (Henry Hub spot price). The values represent the total revenues available to exploration and production companies from sales of crude oil and natural gas. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
– The Russian oil and gas drilling market had total revenues of $70.2bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.3% between 2016 and 2020.
– Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of 0% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 3,718.3 million BoE in 2020.
– The value of the Russian oil and gas market declined by 34.5% in 2020, with the COVID-19 pandemic depressing demand and leading to the collapse of oil and gas prices.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the oil & gas market in Russia
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in Russia
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Russia oil & gas market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Russia oil & gas market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Russia’s oil & gas market in relation to its regional counterparts?
OJSC Rosneft Oil Company
Lukoil Oil Co.
Exillon Energy Plc
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. How has the regulatory environment affected the Russian sector?
7.4. How might COVID-19 affect the competitive landscape?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. OAO Gazprom
8.2. OJSC Rosneft Oil Company
8.3. Lukoil Oil Co.
8.5. Exillon Energy Plc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Russia oil & gas market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: Russia oil & gas market volume: million BoE, 2016-20
Table 3: Russia oil & gas market category segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: Russia oil & gas market geography segmentation: $ million, 2020
Table 5: Russia oil & gas market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 6: Russia oil & gas market volume forecast: million BoE, 2020-25
Table 7: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 8: OAO Gazprom: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: OAO Gazprom: Key Employees
Table 10: OAO Gazprom: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: OJSC Rosneft Oil Company: key facts
Table 12: OJSC Rosneft Oil Company: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: OJSC Rosneft Oil Company: Key Employees
Table 14: Lukoil Oil Co.: key facts
Table 15: Lukoil Oil Co.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: Lukoil Oil Co.: Key Employees
Table 17: Bashneft: key facts
Table 18: Bashneft: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: Bashneft: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)
Table 20: Bashneft: Key Employees
Table 21: Exillon Energy Plc: key facts
Table 22: Exillon Energy Plc: Key Employees
Table 23: Russia size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 24: Russia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 25: Russia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 26: Russia inflation, 2016-20
Table 27: Russia consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 28: Russia exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Russia oil & gas market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: Russia oil & gas market volume: million BoE, 2016-20
Figure 3: Russia oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Russia oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 5: Russia oil & gas market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 6: Russia oil & gas market volume forecast: million BoE, 2020-25
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in Russia, 2020
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in Russia, 2020
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in Russia, 2020
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in Russia, 2020
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in Russia, 2020
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in Russia, 2020