Digital Advertising in Europe – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 52
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: OHMF13333
Digital Advertising in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The digital advertising market (other known as online marketing, Internet advertising or web advertising) consists of revenues gained by any advertising activities performed by the mean of Internet using mobile devices and personal computers. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
– The European digital advertising market had total revenues of $62,737.2m in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% between 2016 and 2020.
– The mobile segment was the market's most valuable in 2020, with total revenues of $33,394.2m, equivalent to 53.2% of the market's overall value.
– In 2019, 90% of European households had access to the internet, up from 80% in 2014.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the digital advertising market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the digital advertising market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key digital advertising market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe digital advertising market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe digital advertising market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Europe digital advertising market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe digital advertising market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe's digital advertising market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. Could Amazon disrupt a Google and Facebook duopoly?
7.4. News publishers are forming alliances to compete with Google and Facebook
7.5. How has Covid-19 impacted the competitive landscape?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Alphabet Inc
8.2. Facebook Inc.
8.3. Amazon.com, Inc.
8.4. Microsoft Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe digital advertising market value: $ million, 2016-20
Table 2: Europe digital advertising market category segmentation: $ million, 2020
Table 3: Europe digital advertising market geography segmentation: $ million, 2020
Table 4: Europe digital advertising market value forecast: $ million, 2020-25
Table 5: Alphabet Inc: key facts
Table 6: Alphabet Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Alphabet Inc: Key Employees
Table 8: Facebook Inc.: key facts
Table 9: Facebook Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 10: Facebook Inc.: Key Employees
Table 11: Facebook Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 13: Amazon.com, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 15: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 16: Microsoft Corporation: key facts
Table 17: Microsoft Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 18: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees
Table 19: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 20: Europe size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 21: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 22: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 23: Europe inflation, 2016-20
Table 24: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 25: Europe exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe digital advertising market value: $ million, 2016-20
Figure 2: Europe digital advertising market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 3: Europe digital advertising market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Europe digital advertising market value forecast: $ million, 2020-25
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the digital advertising market in Europe, 2020
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the digital advertising market in Europe, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the digital advertising market in Europe, 2020
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the digital advertising market in Europe, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the digital advertising market in Europe, 2020
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the digital advertising market in Europe, 2020