Newspapers in Europe – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 44
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: OHMF13318
Newspapers in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The newspaper market is valued as the sum total of all revenues gained from the selling of newspapers including those gained through circulation, subscription (inc. online subscription), and advertising revenue.
– The European Newspapers market had total revenues of $24.8bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -6.4% between 2016 and 2020.
– Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -6.6% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 53.4 million copies in 2020.
– The value of the German newspaper market declined by 15.4% in 2020, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that brought further downturn in the sales of physical copies.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the newspapers market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the newspapers market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key newspapers market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe newspapers market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe newspapers market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Europe newspapers market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe newspapers market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's newspapers market?
RCS MediaGroup SpA
Daily Mail and General Trust plc
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Geography segmentation
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. How are the leading players responding to the rise of digital alternatives?
7.4. What impact could COVID-19 have on the leading players?
7.5. What are the future disruptions in the market?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. News Corporation
8.2. RCS MediaGroup SpA
8.3. Daily Mail and General Trust plc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.1. Industry associations
10.2. Related MarketLine research
10.3. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe newspapers market value: $ million, 2016-20
Table 2: Europe newspapers market volume: thousand copies, 2016-20
Table 3: Europe newspapers market geography segmentation: $ million, 2020
Table 4: Europe newspapers market value forecast: $ million, 2020-25
Table 5: Europe newspapers market volume forecast: thousand copies, 2020-25
Table 6: News Corporation: key facts
Table 7: News Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: News Corporation: Key Employees
Table 9: RCS MediaGroup SpA: key facts
Table 10: RCS MediaGroup SpA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: RCS MediaGroup SpA: Key Employees
Table 12: Daily Mail and General Trust plc: key facts
Table 13: Daily Mail and General Trust plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Daily Mail and General Trust plc: Key Employees
Table 15: Europe size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 16: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 17: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 18: Europe inflation, 2016-20
Table 19: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 20: Europe exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe newspapers market value: $ million, 2016-20
Figure 2: Europe newspapers market volume: thousand copies, 2016-20
Figure 3: Europe newspapers market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Europe newspapers market value forecast: $ million, 2020-25
Figure 5: Europe newspapers market volume forecast: thousand copies, 2020-25
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the newspapers market in Europe, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the newspapers market in Europe, 2020
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the newspapers market in Europe, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the newspapers market in Europe, 2020
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the newspapers market in Europe, 2020
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the newspapers market in Europe, 2020