Mobile Phones in Europe – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 52
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: OHMF13314
Mobile Phones in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value-chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
– The European mobile phones market had total revenues of $150.4bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.2% between 2016 and 2020.
– Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 489.4 Average MOU in 2020.
– Post-paid had the highest volume in the European mobile phones market in 2020, with a total of 388.5 Average MOU, equivalent to 79.4% of the market's overall volume.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Europe
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Europe
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe mobile phones market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe mobile phones market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Europe mobile phones market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's mobile phones market?
Vodafone Group Plc
Deutsche Telekom AG
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Geography segmentation
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. Have there been any market disruptors in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Vodafone Group Plc
8.2. Telefonica, S.A.
8.3. Deutsche Telekom AG
8.4. Orange SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: Europe mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2016-20
Table 3: Europe mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: Europe mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 5: Europe mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2020-25
Table 6: Vodafone Group Plc: key facts
Table 7: Vodafone Group Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Vodafone Group Plc: Key Employees
Table 9: Telefonica, S.A.: key facts
Table 10: Telefonica, S.A.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Telefonica, S.A.: Key Employees
Table 12: Telefonica, S.A.: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: Deutsche Telekom AG: key facts
Table 14: Deutsche Telekom AG: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Deutsche Telekom AG: Key Employees
Table 16: Deutsche Telekom AG: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Orange SA: key facts
Table 18: Orange SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: Orange SA: Key Employees
Table 20: Orange SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: Europe size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 22: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 23: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 24: Europe inflation, 2016-20
Table 25: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 26: Europe exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: Europe mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2016-20
Figure 3: Europe mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Europe mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 5: Europe mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2020-25
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2020
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2020
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2020
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in Europe, 2020