Banks in Spain – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 47
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: OHMF13206
Banks in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The banks industry profile comprises activities of banks and similar institutions, offering savings, loans, mortgages, and related financial services to consumers and businesses.
– The Spanish banks industry group had total assets of $3,357.7bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% between 2016 and 2020.
– Growth in the banking industry has been driven by monetary and fiscal policy.
– The COVID-19 outbreak has decreased margin profits for industry players to a great extent.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the banks market in Spain
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the banks market in Spain
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain banks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Spain banks market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Spain banks market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain banks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Spain's banks market?
Banco de Sabadell SA
Banco Santander SA
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market share
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. What are the strengths of the leading players?
7.4. What has been the recent M&A activity?
7.5. How the COVID-19 outbreak has disrupted the industry?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Banco de Sabadell SA
8.2. Banco Santander SA
8.3. CaixaBank SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain banks industry value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: Spain banks industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 3: Spain banks industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: Spain banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 5: Spain banks industry share: % share, by value, 2020
Table 6: Banco de Sabadell SA: key facts
Table 7: Banco de Sabadell SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: Banco de Sabadell SA: Key Employees
Table 9: Banco Santander SA: key facts
Table 10: Banco Santander SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Banco Santander SA: Key Employees
Table 12: Banco Santander SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: CaixaBank SA: key facts
Table 14: CaixaBank SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: CaixaBank SA: Key Employees
Table 16: BBVA: key facts
Table 17: BBVA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 18: BBVA: Key Employees
Table 19: BBVA: Key Employees Continued
Table 20: Spain size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 21: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 22: Spain gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 23: Spain inflation, 2016-20
Table 24: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 25: Spain exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain banks industry value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: Spain banks industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 3: Spain banks industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Spain banks industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the banks industry in Spain, 2020
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the banks industry in Spain, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the banks industry in Spain, 2020
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the banks industry in Spain, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the banks industry in Spain, 2020
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the banks industry in Spain, 2020
Figure 11: Spain banks industry share: % share, by value, 2020