Mobile Phones in India – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 41
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: OHMF12949
Mobile Phones in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value-chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
– The Indian mobile phones market had total revenues of $23.7bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.4% between 2016 and 2020.
– Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 1,784.6 Average MOU in 2020.
– Post-paid had the highest volume in the Indian mobile phones market in 2020, with a total of 1,070.4 Average MOU, equivalent to 60% of the market's overall volume.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile phones market in India
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in India
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India mobile phones market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India mobile phones market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the India mobile phones market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's mobile phones market?
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Geography segmentation
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. Have there been any significant mergers or acquisitions in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
8.2. Bharti Airtel Limited
8.3. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: India mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: India mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2016-20
Table 3: India mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: India mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 5: India mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2020-25
Table 6: Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd: key facts
Table 7: Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd: Key Employees
Table 8: Bharti Airtel Limited: key facts
Table 9: Bharti Airtel Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 10: Bharti Airtel Limited: Key Employees
Table 11: Bharti Airtel Limited: Key Employees Continued
Table 12: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd: Key Employees
Table 14: India size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 15: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 16: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 17: India inflation, 2016-20
Table 18: India consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 19: India exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: India mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: India mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2016-20
Figure 3: India mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: India mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 5: India mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2020-25
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in India, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in India, 2020
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in India, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in India, 2020
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in India, 2020
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in India, 2020