Books in China – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 29
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: OHMF12932
Books in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The books market is comprised of the value of total retail sales of physical and e-books. The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The e-books segment of the books market consists of electronic books which can be read on computers or other electronic devices such as tablets. Other segment includes magazines, download audio, physical audio and other not included in the above segments.
– The Chinese books market had total revenues of $38.4bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% between 2016 and 2020.
– The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $30.1bn, equivalent to 78.4% of the market's overall value.
– Increasing educational levels and household incomes have resulted in continued growth in the growth of the Chinese books market.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in China
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in China
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China books market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China books market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the China books market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China books market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's books market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies have leading players followed in recent years?
7.3. How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected leading players?
8 Macroeconomic Indicators
8.1. Country data
9.2. Industry associations
9.3. Related MarketLine research
9.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: China books market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: China books market category segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 3: China books market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: China books market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 5: China size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 6: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 7: China gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 8: China inflation, 2016-20
Table 9: China consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 10: China exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: China books market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: China books market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 3: China books market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: China books market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in China, 2020
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in China, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in China, 2020
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in China, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in China, 2020
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in China, 2020