Mobile Phones in Mexico – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 41
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: OHMF12860
Mobile Phones in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value-chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
– The Mexican mobile phones market had total revenues of $8.7bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.8% between 2016 and 2020.
– Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 1,484.6 Average MOU in 2020.
– Post-paid had the highest volume in the Mexican mobile phones market in 2020, with a total of 1,162.2 Average MOU, equivalent to 78.3% of the market's overall volume.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the mobile phones market in Mexico
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the mobile phones market in Mexico
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Mexico mobile phones market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Mexico mobile phones market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Mexico’s mobile phones market in relation to its regional counterparts?
America Movil, SA DE C.V.
AT&T Mobility LLC
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Geography segmentation
1.6. Market rivalry
1.7. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. Have there been any market disruptors in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. America Movil, SA DE C.V.
8.2. Telefonica, S.A.
8.3. AT&T Mobility LLC
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Table 2: Mexico mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2016-20
Table 3: Mexico mobile phones market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020
Table 4: Mexico mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Table 5: Mexico mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2020-25
Table 6: America Movil, SA DE C.V.: key facts
Table 7: America Movil, SA DE C.V.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: America Movil, SA DE C.V.: Key Employees
Table 9: America Movil, SA DE C.V.: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: Telefonica, S.A.: key facts
Table 11: Telefonica, S.A.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Telefonica, S.A.: Key Employees
Table 13: Telefonica, S.A.: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: AT&T Mobility LLC: key facts
Table 15: AT&T Mobility LLC: Key Employees
Table 16: Mexico size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 17: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 18: Mexico gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 19: Mexico inflation, 2016-20
Table 20: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 21: Mexico exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mexico mobile phones market value: $ billion, 2016-20
Figure 2: Mexico mobile phones market volume: Average MOU, 2016-20
Figure 3: Mexico mobile phones market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Mexico mobile phones market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25
Figure 5: Mexico mobile phones market volume forecast: Average MOU, 2020-25
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the mobile phones market in Mexico, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the mobile phones market in Mexico, 2020
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the mobile phones market in Mexico, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the mobile phones market in Mexico, 2020
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the mobile phones market in Mexico, 2020
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the mobile phones market in Mexico, 2020