Organic Food in Canada – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 44
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: OHMF12848
Organic Food in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– Organic food includes produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals.
– The Canadian organic food market had total revenues of $3.8bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% between 2016 and 2020.
– The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $1.3bn, equivalent to 35.4% of the market's overall value.
– Organic foods are a noted growth opportunity for the Canadian economy. During the historical period, over $65m worth of federal investment has gone into the expansion of Canada’s organic agriculture capacity.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the organic food market in Canada
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in Canada
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada organic food market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada organic food market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Canada organic food market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Canada’s organic food market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Loblaw Companies Limited
Empire Co Ltd
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. Which players have been most successful in the recent past (1-3 years)?
7.3. What new products/services/innovations have been launched in the market over the last year?
7.4. How do challengers/disruptors strategies or products differ from the leading firms?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Loblaw Companies Limited
8.2. Empire Co Ltd
8.3. Metro AG
8.4. Costco Wholesale Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada organic food market value: $ million, 2016-20
Table 2: Canada organic food market category segmentation: $ million, 2020
Table 3: Canada organic food market geography segmentation: $ million, 2020
Table 4: Canada organic food market value forecast: $ million, 2020-25
Table 5: Loblaw Companies Limited: key facts
Table 6: Loblaw Companies Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Loblaw Companies Limited: Key Employees
Table 8: Empire Co Ltd: key facts
Table 9: Empire Co Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 10: Empire Co Ltd: Key Employees
Table 11: Empire Co Ltd: Key Employees Continued
Table 12: Metro AG: key facts
Table 13: Metro AG: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Metro AG: Key Employees
Table 15: Costco Wholesale Corporation: key facts
Table 16: Costco Wholesale Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Costco Wholesale Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)
Table 18: Costco Wholesale Corporation: Key Employees
Table 19: Costco Wholesale Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 20: Costco Wholesale Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: Canada size of population (million), 2016-20
Table 22: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 23: Canada gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20
Table 24: Canada inflation, 2016-20
Table 25: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20
Table 26: Canada exchange rate, 2016-20
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada organic food market value: $ million, 2016-20
Figure 2: Canada organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 3: Canada organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020
Figure 4: Canada organic food market value forecast: $ million, 2020-25
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in Canada, 2020
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in Canada, 2020
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in Canada, 2020
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in Canada, 2020
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in Canada, 2020
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in Canada, 2020