Publishing in Italy
- Pages: 39
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: OHMF11471
Publishing in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The publishing market consists of books, newspapers and magazines.
– The Italian publishing market had total revenues of $6.4bn in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.3% between 2015 and 2019.
– The books segment was the market's most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $3.2bn, equivalent to 49.4% of the market's overall value.
– Some players have struggled due to insufficient ecommerce capacity, but sustained demand through lockdowns has generally been a boon where supply has been able to meet it.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in Italy
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in Italy
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy publishing market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy publishing market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Italy publishing market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's publishing market?
Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.
CoGeDi International SpA
RCS MediaGroup SpA
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. How is technology being used in the leading players’ strategies?
7.3. Which companies offer substitutes to the main industry?
7.4. What impact could COVID-19 have on the leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.
8.2. CoGeDi International SpA
8.3. RCS MediaGroup SpA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy publishing market value: $ million, 2015-19
Table 2: Italy publishing market category segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 3: Italy publishing market geography segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 4: Italy publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Table 5: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: key facts
Table 6: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.: Key Employees
Table 7: CoGeDi International SpA: key facts
Table 8: CoGeDi International SpA: Key Employees
Table 9: RCS MediaGroup SpA: key facts
Table 10: RCS MediaGroup SpA: Key Employees
Table 11: Italy size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 12: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 13: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 14: Italy inflation, 2015-19
Table 15: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 16: Italy exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy publishing market value: $ million, 2015-19
Figure 2: Italy publishing market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Italy publishing market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Italy publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the publishing market in Italy, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the publishing market in Italy, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the publishing market in Italy, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the publishing market in Italy, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the publishing market in Italy, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the publishing market in Italy, 2019