Defense Spending in India
- Pages: 43
- Published: August 2020
- Report Code: OHMF10702
Defense Spending in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The value of the market is taken to include both current and capital expenditure on the armed forces, including funding contributions to peacekeeping forces, such as the United Nations Peacekeeping Forces, defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects, paramilitary forces (when judged to be trained and equipped for military operations) and military space activities. Expenditure on personnel (including salaries and social services of both military and civil personnel, and retirement pensions of military personnel), procurement, research and development, infrastructure spending, military aid (taken as expenditure by the donor country) and general operations and maintenance are also included. Note that current expenditure on previous military activity such as veterans' benefits, weapon destruction, demobilization, and defense conversion are all excluded, as is expenditure on civil defense.
– The Indian defense spending market had a total budget allocation of $72,988.2m in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.5% between 2015 and 2019.
– Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.8% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 1.4 million active serving personnel in 2019.
– India increasingly faces the prospect of a two-front war and has invested considerable time in analyzing and implementing the next generation of warfare.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the defense spending market in India
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the defense spending market in India
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key defense spending market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India defense spending market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India defense spending market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the India defense spending market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India defense spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's defense spending market?
Bharat Electronics Ltd
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What was the rationale behind recent M&A activity?
7.4. Have there been any significant contract wins in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. General Atomics
8.2. Airbus SE.
8.3. Bharat Electronics Ltd
8.4. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: India defense spending market value: $ billion, 2015-19
Table 2: India defense spending market volume: active serving personnel, 2015-19
Table 3: India defense spending market category segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: India defense spending market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 5: India defense spending market value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Table 6: India defense spending market volume forecast: active serving personnel, 2019-24
Table 7: General Atomics: key facts
Table 8: General Atomics: Key Employees
Table 9: Airbus SE.: key facts
Table 10: Airbus SE.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Airbus SE.: Key Employees
Table 12: Airbus SE.: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: Airbus SE.: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Airbus SE.: Key Employees Continued
Table 15: Bharat Electronics Ltd: key facts
Table 16: Bharat Electronics Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 17: Bharat Electronics Ltd: Key Employees
Table 18: Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd: key facts
Table 19: Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 20: Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd: Key Employees
Table 21: India size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 22: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 23: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 24: India inflation, 2015-19
Table 25: India consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 26: India exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: India defense spending market value: $ billion, 2015-19
Figure 2: India defense spending market volume: active serving personnel, 2015-19
Figure 3: India defense spending market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: India defense spending market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 5: India defense spending market value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Figure 6: India defense spending market volume forecast: active serving personnel, 2019-24
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the defense spending market in India, 2019
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the defense spending market in India, 2019
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the defense spending market in India, 2019
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the defense spending market in India, 2019
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the defense spending market in India, 2019
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the defense spending market in India, 2019