Global Games Consoles
- Pages: 45
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: OHMF10436
Global Games Consoles industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The games consoles market consists of the total revenues generated by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony through the sale of their console platforms including heir respective home entertainment consoles, their handheld models and realised in 2017 hybrid models.
– The global games consoles market had total revenues of $11,753.6m in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.3% between 2015 and 2019.
– Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.9% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 45,312.8 thousand units in 2019.
– The console market is extremely cyclical in nature. As such, the market shows a huge growth spurt during the release of new generations of consoles, before naturally displaying a period of gradual decline.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the games consoles market in the global
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalgames consoles market
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key games consoles market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global games consoles market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global games consoles market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Global games consoles market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global games consoles market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's games consoles market?
Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. Have there been any releases in recent years?
7.4. Are there any external events affecting players?
7.5. What trends will impact market players in the coming years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Nintendo Co., Ltd.
8.2. Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
8.3. Microsoft Corporation
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Global games consoles market value: $ million, 2015-19
Table 2: Global games consoles market volume: million units, 2015-19
Table 3: Global games consoles market category segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 4: Global games consoles market geography segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 5: Global games consoles market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Table 6: Global games consoles market volume forecast: million units, 2019-24
Table 7: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 8: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: Key Employees
Table 10: Nintendo Co., Ltd.: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC: key facts
Table 12: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC: Key Employees
Table 13: Microsoft Corporation: key facts
Table 14: Microsoft Corporation: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees
Table 16: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 18: Microsoft Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 19: Global exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global games consoles market value: $ million, 2015-19
Figure 2: Global games consoles market volume: million units, 2015-19
Figure 3: Global games consoles market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Global games consoles market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 5: Global games consoles market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Figure 6: Global games consoles market volume forecast: million units, 2019-24
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the global games consoles market, 2019
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the global games consoles market, 2019
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the global games consoles market, 2019
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global games consoles market, 2019
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global games consoles market, 2019
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global games consoles market, 2019