Books in United Kingdom
- Pages: 38
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: OHMF10350
Books in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The books market is comprised of the value of total retail sales of physical and digital books.
– The UK books market had total revenues of $7.9bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% between 2015 and 2019.
– The Booksellers Association reported a that the number of UK independent bookshops grew to 890 shops at the end of 2019, up from 883 in 2018, and 868 in 2017.
– The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $4.5bn, equivalent to 56.5% of the market's overall value.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in the United Kingdom
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in the United Kingdom
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom books market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom books market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom books market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom books market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom's books market?
Waterstones Booksellers Ltd
WH Smith PLC
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What Strategies do leading players follow?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Waterstones Booksellers Ltd
8.2. WH Smith PLC
8.3. Amazon.com, Inc.
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom books market value: $ million, 2015-19
Table 2: United Kingdom books market category segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 3: United Kingdom books market geography segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 4: United Kingdom books market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Table 5: Waterstones Booksellers Ltd: key facts
Table 6: Waterstones Booksellers Ltd: Key Employees
Table 7: WH Smith PLC: key facts
Table 8: WH Smith PLC: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: WH Smith PLC: Key Employees
Table 10: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 13: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 14: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 15: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 16: United Kingdom inflation, 2015-19
Table 17: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 18: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom books market value: $ million, 2015-19
Figure 2: United Kingdom books market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: United Kingdom books market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: United Kingdom books market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in the United Kingdom, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in the United Kingdom, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in the United Kingdom, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in the United Kingdom, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in the United Kingdom, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in the United Kingdom, 2019