New Cars in New Zealand – Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2024
- Pages: 44
- Published: December 2020
- Report Code: OHMF12522
New Cars in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
– The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market share data for the New Cars industry applies to motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. therefore where possible, market share data represents sales figures for every brand in that manufacturing group within each country. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
– The New Zealand new cars market had total revenues of $2.9bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2015 and 2019.
– Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.3% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 104.1 thousand units in 2019.
– The decline in 2019 was the first contraction of the market in a decade. This was brought about by a slowdown in the economy, which had a knock-on effect on consumer spending.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the new cars market in New Zealand
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in New Zealand
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the New Zealand new cars market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the New Zealand new cars market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the New Zealand new cars market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the New Zealand new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in New Zealand's new cars market?
Toyota Motor Corporation
General Motors Company
Ford Motor Company Limited
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Geography segmentation
1.6. Market share
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players?
7.3. How are strategic alliances used by the leading companies?
7.4. How is new technology opening up competition?
7.5. How are leading players progressing in the hybrid & electric cars segment?
7.6. What impact is the COVID-19 pandemic having on leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Toyota Motor Corporation
8.2. General Motors Company
8.3. Ford Motor Company Limited
8.4. Mazda Ltd.
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: New Zealand new cars market value: $ billion, 2015-19
Table 2: New Zealand new cars market volume: thousand units, 2015-19
Table 3: New Zealand new cars market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 4: New Zealand new cars market value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Table 5: New Zealand new cars market volume forecast: thousand units, 2019-24
Table 6: New Zealand new cars market share: % share, by volume, 2019
Table 8: Toyota Motor Corporation: Key Employees
Table 9: Toyota Motor Corporation: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: General Motors Company: Key Employees
Table 12: General Motors Company: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Ford Motor Company Limited: Key Employees
Table 16: Mazda Ltd.: Key Employees
Table 17: New Zealand size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 18: New Zealand gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 19: New Zealand gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 20: New Zealand inflation, 2015-19
Table 21: New Zealand consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 22: New Zealand exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: New Zealand new cars market value: $ billion, 2015-19
Figure 2: New Zealand new cars market volume: thousand units, 2015-19
Figure 3: New Zealand new cars market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: New Zealand new cars market value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Figure 5: New Zealand new cars market volume forecast: thousand units, 2019-24
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the new cars market in New Zealand, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the new cars market in New Zealand, 2019
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the new cars market in New Zealand, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the new cars market in New Zealand, 2019
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the new cars market in New Zealand, 2019
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the new cars market in New Zealand, 2019
Figure 12: New Zealand new cars market share: % share, by volume, 2019