PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk – Company Strategy Report
- Pages: 45
- Published: June 2017
- Report Code: MLPM0002-014
PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (Telekom) is one of the leading telecommunications providers in Indonesia, with a significant presence in both the mobile and fixed service segments. It also offers cloud-based and server-based managed services, e-Payment services and information technology (IT), e-Commerce and other portal services. Telekom plans to focus on disruptive competitive growth and enhancing its customers’ experience of its services through collaboration, acquisition and synergy.
MarketLine’s Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore, the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
Telekom’s focus on investments to drive future growth
Telekom has been focusing on investments to drive growth and profitability. For instance, in August 2016, Telstra Ventures and PT Metra Digital Investama, Telkom Indonesia’s corporate venture arm, signed a memorandum of understanding to jointly explore investment opportunities in the growing technology start-up sector in South East Asia. It is expected to invest US$25 million in 10 start-ups. The investments will bring the company access to new revenue streams and cutting-edge technology, thereby paving the way for better services.
Initiatives to improve network quality have reduced annual churn
Telekom’s annual churn rate decreased from 138.6% in 2012 to 117.1% in 2016. The company has been continuously undertaking initiatives to improve network quality across the country. For instance, Telkom Group added 24,770 km of fiber network in 2016, meaning that the total fiber optic cable infrastructure reached a total of 106,000 km. This improvement has led to customer retention.
Telekom has been reporting growth in mobile subscriptions
Telkom Indonesia’s mobile subscriptions grew at a CAGR of 7.2%, from 125.1 million in 2012 to 165.2 million in 2016. It also witnessed a Y-o-Y growth of 8.2% in 2016. The growth is attributed to the growing postpaid and prepaid subscriptions and the company’s focus on the development of its “IndiHome Triple Pay” service.
– Company Snapshot – Details key indicators and rankings of Telekom in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
– Company SWOT Analysis – Outlines Telekom’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
– Growth Strategies – Understand Telekom’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
– Company Performance and Competitive Landscape – Analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
– Key Developments – Showcase Telekom’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
Reasons to buy
- How has Telekom performed over the forecast period, from 2012-2016, in terms of Subscriber and Revenue growth, ARPS, Customer Churn, and MOU?
- How has Telekom performed in comparison to competitors such as FirstMedia, Indosat, Bakrie Telecom and Smartfren?
- What are Telekom’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- How does Telekom plan to expand its presence in digital media and enhance its customer experience?
- What is the company’s market share in the fixed and mobile service markets in Indonesia?
Table of Contents
Company Snapshot 3
Company SWOT Analysis 8
Growth Strategies 14
Company Performance 19
Competitive Landscape 27
Key Developments 33
ICT Spending Predictions 35
Financial Summary 38