Deutsche Telekom AG – Company Strategy Report
- Pages: 68
- Published: June 2017
- Report Code: MLPM0002-008
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world’s leading telecom operators, providing services such as communications, information and entertainment. It is a key player in the European and US markets, offering fixed services in Germany and the Czech Republic, and mobile services across all its markets under its T-Mobile brand. The company is focusing on expanding its network through technology to access the new 5G standards and to provide energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions for its business clients.
MarketLine’s Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore, the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
Deutsche Telekom’s wide geographical presence gives it a competitive edge over its peers
Deutsche Telekom enjoys a strong geographical presence, evidenced by the high market shares it enjoys across the US and Europe and the strong brands it owns, in the forms of T-Mobile and T-Systems. The company is the third leading competitor in the US with a market share of 20.0% in 2016, owing to its robust growth since 2012. It also holds first position in the fixed segment in Germany, leading by a significant margin.
Aims to improve efficiency by harnessing advanced technologies
The main focus of Deutsche Telekom is to become much faster and more efficient, capable of launching new services and plans across locations in just a fraction of time by harnessing its legacy networks. With this, the company expects to make gross OPEX savings of US$1,080.0 million by 2018.
Deutsche Telekom’s subsidiary, T-Mobile US, posting robust growth
T-Mobile US’s merger with MetroPCS allowed it to witness a subscription growth of 39.8% in 2013. Also, the growing popularity of connected products, such as smartphones and tablets, is driving the demand for mobile data speeds. This is expected to drive the data volumes.
– Company Snapshot – Details key indicators and rankings of Deutsche Telekom in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
– Company SWOT Analysis – Outlines Deutsche Telekom’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
– Growth Strategies – Understand Deutsche Telekom’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
– Company Performance and Competitive Landscape – Analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
– Key Developments – Showcase Deutsche Telekom’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
Reasons to buy
- What is the company’s market share in its key markets in Europe and the United States?
- What are Deutsche Telekom’s current growth strategies and how does the company plan to implement them?
- How has Deutsche Telekom performed in comparison to competitors such as Orange, Vodafone, O2, and Telenor?
- What strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does Deutsche Telekom face?
- How will the development of technology and 5G affect Deutsche Telekom going forward?
Table of Contents
Company Snapshot 3
Company SWOT Analysis 10
Growth Strategies 16
Company Performance 21
Competitive Landscape 30
Key Developments 43
ICT Spending Predictions 46
Financial Summary 49