AT&T Inc. – Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
- Pages: 53
- Published: June 2017
- Report Code: MLPM0002-002
AT&T is the leading operator across the markets and segments it operates in. The company is the dominant operator in the US with a mobile market share of 35% in 2016. The company also holds a strong position in Puerto Rico with a market share of 49% in 2016. Market leadership, which it has attained through the large scale of its operations, provides significant economies of scale and bargaining power. Other advantages of its large customer base and strong brand recognition are the high penetration of new products and significant cross selling opportunities.
MarketLine's Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
AT&T occupies second position in the US mobile telecom market
AT&T maintains a strong market position in the US. The company offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline services. The company has a robust presence in the US mobile services market, accounting for a 32% market share. The company’s focus on offering new services has allowed it to maintain its dominance in the market. For instance, the company expanded its portfolio of smart solutions such as FlexWare, Network on Demand and NetBond.
Mobile subscriptions continues to witness robust growth
The company’s mobile subscriptions witnessed robust growth over the last four years. Mobile subscribers in the US stood at 135.9 million in 2016, in comparison to 107.0 million in 2012, growing at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2012-2016. The positive growth is attributed to the increase in prepaid and postpaid subscriptions. The increase in postpaid subscriptions reflects new additions to its customer base, as well as migrations in its consumer mobility segment, which provides wireless service to consumer wholesale and resale subscribers.
Robust growth in data ARPS
The company reported strong growth in data ARPS across the US, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The US reported a higher data ARPS of US$25.9 per month in 2016 in comparison to US$14.5 per month in 2012, growing at a CAGR of 15.6% during 2012-2016. Puerto Rico’s data ARPS stood at US$12.1 per month in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 6.8% in the same period. The increase in demand for data, coupled with the rise in the use of mobile applications and OTT services, has led to an increase in data ARPS. AT&T Mexico’s robust YoY growth of 30.8% in data ARPS is attributed to the launch of its bundled data services.
AT&T aims to become the leading player in connectivity and integrated solutions
The company is looking to leverage its premier network assets to deliver integrated mobile, video and data solutions to its customers. AT&T is focusing on delivering seamless connectivity to every device and sensor across its businesses. The company has invested substantially in highly secured connectivity and ultra-fast fiber networks.
– Company Snapshot – details key indicators and rankings of AT&T in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
– Company SWOT Analysis – outlines AT&T’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
– Growth Strategies – understand AT&T’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
– Company Performance and Competitive Landscape – analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
– Key Developments – showcase AT&T’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
Reasons to buy
- How does AT&T rank among telecommunication service providers in the United States and globally?
- What is the company’s market share in its key markets in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico?
- What are AT&T’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2012 in terms of Subscriber and Revenue growth, ARPS, Customer Churn, and MOU?
- How has AT&T performed in comparison to competitors such as Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Movistar, TelCel, Comcast, and CenturyLink?
- What are AT&T’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
Table of Contents
Company Snapshot 3
Company SWOT Analysis 8
Growth Strategies 15
Company Performance 20
Competitive Landscape 28
Key Developments 36
ICT Spending Predictions 39
Financial Summary 42