PESTLE Insights: South Korea – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 40
- Published: February 2019
- Report Code: MLER0041MEO
In 2017, Seoul, Gyeonggi-do and Gyeongsangnam-do contributed 51.2% to the country’s GDP and comprised 50.4% of the South Korea’s population
Largest share of total FDI stock in South Korea was from Asia in 2016
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 33.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (21.0%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (10.7%). These sectors are expected to grow by 4.5%, 4.8% and 4.4% in 2019.
– As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in South Korea deteriorated over the last two years with decline in rank from 24th in 2016 to 25th out of 160 countries in 2018
– The overall KOSPI composite index exhibits a downward trend over last one year. As of February 11, 2019, KOSPI index stood at 2,180.7, compared to 2,385 on February 12, 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: South Korea’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
EXHIBIT 4: KOSPI Composite Index (^KS11)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 6: FDI inflows (2012-2017), FDI stock by type of investment (2016) and FDI stock share by sector (2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Continent and Country (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, % of World Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports) 2017
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in South Korea 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)