PESTLE Insights: China – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 43
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: MLER0038MEO
Services contributed 52.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities with 32.43%, as per the estimations of GlobalData. The two sectors grew by 10.5% and 5.7%, respectively in 2019.
The SSE Composite Index, widely considered a benchmark of the overall performance of stocks listed in the Shanghai stock market, has exhibited a slight growth in the past 12 months. As of May 8, 2020, the SSE Composite Index stood at 2,895.34, compared to 2,883.61 in May 14, 2019.
Eastern China accounts for most of the provincial GDP. Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Guangdong are the major provinces of Eastern China. Better sea connectivity has boosted manufacturing in these provinces.
FDI inward flow to China remained strong in 2018, with y-o-y growth of 3.0%.
– China was ranked 26th out of 160 countries according to the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018. Its infrastructure spending remains one of the major drivers of its economic growth.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: China’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Emerging Asia and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: SSE Composite index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Total FDI (2013-2018), FDI by Sector (2018), and Leading FDI by Industry (2018)
Exhibit 7: Major Investors’ Share In Foreign Investments To China (2018)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2015-22f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2019)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, (2015-2019)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, Parts Thereof, and Related Items, % Share In World’s Total, 2018
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (April 2013-April 2020)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation, 2015-2022f
Exhibit 17: Public Finance, 2015-2022f
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt, 2015-2022f
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment, 2015-2022f
Exhibit 20: Average Yearly Wages, 2015-2022f
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index, 2015-2022f
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025f)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share in Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025f)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025f)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2018
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports), 2018
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in China 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions