PESTLE Insights: Colombia – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 42
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: MLER0035MEO
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 22.65% to the country’s gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (22.20%) and other services (19.65%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 5.22%, 5.37% and 11.49%, respectively, in 2019, as per MarketLine.
Bogota, Valle Del Cauca, and Antioquia are among the best performing provinces of Colombia. They contributed 49.7% of GDP and comprised 37.63% of Colombia’s population in 2018.
– Colombia ranked 58th out of 160 nations in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018
– The COLCAP index exhibited a declining trend over the last year. As of May 12, 2020, the COLCAP index stood at 1,089.29, compared to 1,550.38 on May 10, 2019.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
Impact of COVID-19
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Colombia’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin American Nations and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Colombia Stock Exchange (COLCAP)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows in Colombia (2015-2018) and Greenfield Investments in Colombia (2015-2018)
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2019)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2012-2019)
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2015-2018)
Exhibit 13: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation, % of World Total (2018)
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates (January 2012 – January 2020)
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 16: Public Finance (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 20: Labor Cost Index (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Internet Users as a Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rates (2019)
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per Million People (2019)
Exhibit 26: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2019)
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Colombia 2020
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2019)
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)