PESTLE Insights: Vietnam – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 40
- Published: March 2019
- Report Code: MLER0034MEO
The Red River Delta, Northern Central and Central Coastal Area, and Mekong River Delta regions are among the best performing regions in Vietnam. They comprise 62.99% of the Vietnamese population as in 2017.
In terms of realized FDI inward capital flow, Vietnam witnessed an Y-o-Y increase of 9.14% during 2018
The mining, manufacturing and utilities sector contributed (26.83%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by the agriculture sector (17.84%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to witness a CAGR of 11.0% and 9.9%, respectively, during 2018-2021.
– As per the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Vietnam enhanced considerably during last two years with an improvement in rank to 39th in 2018 from 64th in 2016.
– Vietnam Ho Chi Minh Stock Index exhibited a declining trend over the past year. As of February 13, 2019, the VNINDEX stood at 945.25, compared to 1,059.73 in February 13, 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Vietnam's Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Vietnam Ho Chi Minh Stock Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2017-2018), Leading FDI by Industry (2018), and FDI by Sector (2018)
Exhibit 7: Inward FDI Flow by Country of Origin and Recipient Region (2018)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2013-2017)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment and Parts Thereof, % of World Total (2017)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (February 2011 – February 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2017)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2018)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2017)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Vietnam (2019)
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2018)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)