PESTLE Insights: The United Arab Emirates – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 42
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: MLER0032MEO
The Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah are among the best performing regions in the UAE. They contribute 99.6% to the GDP and comprise 80.8% of the UAE’s population, as of 2018.
Opening up 13 sectors to the foreign investors in 2019 along with increase in greenfield investments in the UAE to increase job creation and accelerate economic activity over the medium term
Services contributed 52.5% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (38.4%). In nominal terms, the two sectors grew by 0.88% and 0.70%, respectively, in 2019, according to MarketLine estimates
– As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in the UAE improved over the last two years with a jump in ranking, out of 160 countries, from 13th in 2016 to 11th in 2018
– Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ADX) General Index, an index widely considered as a benchmark for stocks listed in Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange, exhibited a declining trend over the past year. As of April 14, 2019, the ADX General Index stood at 5,174.02, compared to 4,178.70 on April 14, 2020.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: The UAE’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East & North Africa and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ADX) General Index (April 2019-April 2020)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 6: Total FDI (2013-2017), FDI by Sector (2016), and FDI Inflows by Industry (2016)
Exhibit 7: Top 10 Countries FDI Growth Rate In the UAE (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison, 2019e
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2012-2019e)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation; Bituminous Substances; Mineral Waxes, % Share in World’s Total, 2018
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2016-March 2020)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021)
Exhibit 19: Distribution of Employed persons by Economic Activities, 2017
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 21: Total Labor Force and Participation Rate, (2010-2019e)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share in Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2019
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2019e
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2018
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in United Arab Emirates 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2019
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)